fiesty sound problem

Paul Lemmons paul at
Sat Nov 17 18:53:44 GMT 2007

uriah heep wrote:
> I am getting 0 sound.  I have sb audolagy platinum sound card. in
> simple neub language would someone please tell me how to get to the
> sound controls?
1) Start an application that produces sound
2) Look for the blue "speaker" in the status area at the bottom right of
your screen.
3) Left-Click once on it
4) Click on "Mixer"
5) Turn on the "light" at the top of each bar and raise the volume on
each bar one at a time until you get sound.
6) Turn off those bars that had no positive effect
7) If none of them cause any sound click on the "switches" tab and make
sure that external amplifier is turned on.

If all of that fails, re-post and we can dig deeper.