Installing Vmware/WinXP on Kubuntu 7.10

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 8 17:03:35 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Greg Booth wrote:
>
>> VirtualBox just seems to run faster and of course if you compile from
>> source it's 100% open source.
>
> I'm having some trouble figuring out how compiling it yourself makes any
> difference to it's open source status...

The difference is in that the portion for which the source code is
available is not the full VirtualBox thing that you can download
precompiled. As far as I can see, the precompiled files are made of a
portion which is free (as beer) + a portion which is free (as speech).
If you want only the second one, you download the source and compile it
yourself...
I.

--
Ignazio Palmisano
Ph.D. - ignazio dot palmisano at gmail dot com