How much will break if I expunge mono

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 19:43:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:35:02 -0600
"Michael Hirsch" <mdhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

MH> On 11/1/07, Douglas Phillipson <phillipd at oem.doe.gov> wrote:
MH> > I really want to expunge all the mono junk in Gutsy.  What apps
MH> > might I find breaking if I do, besides that darn buggy dog,
MH> > Beagle?
MH>
MH> I don't believe I have it installed, so maybe nothing.  Easiest way
MH> to check is mark it for removal, then see what packages get
MH> uninstalled. Cancel the uninstallation if something important goes.

And remember that some packages that it's likely to remove are only
"containers" that depend on various bundles (e.g. ubuntu-desktop being
removed won't actually remove anything useful).

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |