Viewing bootup

Art Alexion art.alexion at
Wed May 30 20:54:42 BST 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 15:42, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Art Alexion wrote:
> > I just got a laptop with feisty pre-installed.  Problem is the Kubuntu
> > usplash bootup shows the progress bar but not what is happening as with
> > dapper.  How do I reactivate the boot text?  I don't care if its
> > graphical, as long as the text is there.
> Remove  'splash' and 'quiet'  from the kernel line in the menu.lst entry
> for /boot/grub

Thanks Bruce, but both of those options are on the kernel line on my dapper
box.  I think I didn't explain properly.  I want to keep the graphical
Kubuntu logo, progress bar and screen, but to also scroll the boot sequence
beneath it like my dapper box does.

This is a compromise as I will be sharing this laptop with my wife so I want
some graphics, but I want to see what is happening, too.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://
alarm.  Info @