Different results from one install CD: KMenu issues

Ollie Killingback ollie at techieinblack.info
Mon May 28 12:31:34 UTC 2007

I made the move to Kubuntu reasonably recently and used one CD to
install it on both my Laptop and Desktop.  There are some differences,
some of which are trivial such as on the Laptop I have a trash bin and
on the Desktop I have a recycle bin - how did they get different names?
I'd like to know but it doesn't really matter.

Much more annoying is the KMenu.  On the laptop I have Edutainment and
Games among the menu sections.  On the desktop they are absent.  When I
open the menu editor on my Desktop PC the items are present, they just
don't show on the menu.  I don't see why there should be a difference,
and more to the point, I can't find a way to show the missing items on
the menu.

Help to do the this would be much appreciated, and ideas as to why the
differences arose would be interesting.

Ollie K