Help with K3b please

WJ Seidl wjsvt at sover.net
Sat May 26 12:12:51 UTC 2007

Thank you Michael.  I will try that.
I've come up with a "system for ripping with K3b, but I haven't
eliminated the problems I'm having
with it (mostly due to my being a noob, probably).

KAudioCreator which was also suggested did not work for me at all, froze
the system and forced me to reboot a few times before
I gave up.

300 CDs to go (sigh), and then it's on to the vinyl conversions.....
but oh, is it going to be nice to have it all in "one" place!
Best,
Wayne Seidl

You might try using the built in ripper in Konqueror.  Browse to
"audiocd:/" in konqueror and you'll see the list of tracks as wav
files.  But you'll also have directories names "FLAC" and MP# (if you
have configured your encoder).  Those are "virtual folders" that
appear to contain .falc and .mp3 files or each track on the CD.  The
files don't really exist, but when you drag and drop them anywhere
they get created by ripping and encoding the track on the fly.  It's
by far the easiest way I've ever ripped files.

Michael