AcrobatReader: A bug or intentionally?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri May 25 07:55:05 UTC 2007

Malcolm Yates wrote:
( just conveniently
> forgetting restricted and multiverse for the time being )

But Acrobat Reader is in multiverse in edgy
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/text/acroread) and previous.

> we do not give away
> products that would otherwise be charged for )

Some people charge a lot of money for GNU/Linux ;)

> In the case of Adobe, we have no such agreements, and so their products are
> not included in any repository that Canonical has jurisdiction over.

Are you implying that distributing Acrobat Reader in the earlier
multiverse repositories is/was illegal?  If so, why don't you remove them?

Matt Flaschen