View pictures in e-mail inline?

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:09:00 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 04:23:03 Laurent wrote:
> I'm sorry but it is not exactly what I wanted. I'd like to view images
> inside the message window even when the message comes as plain text message
> with pictures attached. The option you described above seemingly concerns
> only HTML-messages.

If I'm not mistaken, you're looking for an "Outlook 2002/2003 style" wherein
you compose messages as HTML and then Edit>Insert>Pictures so the images are
embedded into the message itself. I'm sorry to disappoint you, I've also been
looking for the same functionality in KMail for a couple of months now, I
haven't encountered any settings or configuration that'll allow that, at
least to the best of my knowledge. You can, however, create an HTML file and
insert images... but I'm not sure how you send it as it is.

Most users refrain from such practice since it's distracting and irritating.
Besides, only spammers and MS Outlook users do that.

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com/