Response to Lee, was "Help with k3b please"

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Sun May 20 23:06:11 UTC 2007

On 5/20/07, WJ Seidl <wjsvt at sover.net> wrote:

> Java under Linux
> has quite a ways to go too. For someone running FF or TBird on Linux,
> you can just about forget it.
> Hopefully that will change soon. (I'm not holding my breath.)

I agree with your other points, but Java runs better on Linux than under
Windows in my experience.  Using Eclipse, NetBeans, etc. is much better
under Linux.

Not sure what you mean about Firefox or Thunderbird - I find they work just
about the same for Windows and Linux.

There are some tricky parts to Java under Linux, though - for instance
Ubuntu is pushing the free gcj, which gets installed by default instead of
Sun Java.  But if you install the Sun Java instead, Linux outperforms
Windows hands down.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own