how do I uninstall Kubuntu and install something different?

Andy Goss aegoss at vicnet.net.au
Sun May 20 02:00:06 UTC 2007

On Sunday 20 May 2007 09:33, kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> >>Sorry, step one is really : "Make your mind up."
> >>

> >Right.  What bothers you about Kubuntu?
> >
> >Matt Flaschen
> >

> Personally, I don?t understand that phrase ?only have Kubuntu Edgy?.
> I mean, Kubuntu includes how many packages?
> How many more are freely available on the repos?
> What is it that this guy thinks he?s missing?
>
> tony

At the risk of stating the obvious:

Upgrade:

http://kubuntu.org/announcements/7.04-release.php#upgrade

Replace:

See the installation instructions of your chosen distro. A new install overwrites the old one. If you put /home on a separate partition when installing Edgy, you can keep it when you install a new distro - but back everying up first, including the hidden stuff.