Amarok and iPod

Mike Teehan detox.genie at gmail.com
Thu May 17 19:03:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 11:09:58 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> John L Fjellstad wrote:
> > Whenever you transfer your music to the ipod, Amarok will convert the
> > files to mp3 if the files are not already in that format.
>
> Why does it convert to mp3?  Isn't Apple's preferred format aac?  Also,
> you may want to look into rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/).
>
> Matt Flaschen

Who cares what Apple's preferred format is?  The advantages of AAC are, um...
DRM?  My 2nd gen iPod Nano plays 192kbps mp3s perfectly.  Now, if only Apple
would quit wasting their time on AAC and add Ogg support, there wouldn't be
any need to transcode anymore.

AMAROK RULEZ THEM ALL!

--- eMpTy

P.S. rockbox is good too...