No way to shutdown the computer via Kmenu?!?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:50:06 UTC 2007

On 16/05/07, anthony baldwin <anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> >The options to Shutdown/ Restart Computer/ etc are all missing from
> >Kmenu. The only thing there is Log Out. What must one do to have these
> >options? I've been shutting down via "shutdown -[h|r] now" for the
> >past two days and it's driving me nuts!
> >
> >Dotan Cohen
> >
> >http://lyricslist.com/
> >http://what-is-what.com/
> >

> Well...
>
> I have a button for shutdown on the end of my panel.
> If you don´t have one, you can add it by right-clicking on the panel and
> choosing
> ¨add applet¨ and then choose ¨lock/logout¨ from that menu (includes a
> shutdown option
> when you click the logout button).
> All the same, I never use that to shutdown, only to lock session or log out.
> I advise using ¨sudo halt¨ at terminal.

I added the button, but pressing it still pops up a rather nice dialog
with only one option: Log Out. Same as with the red button in the
Kmenu or by right-clicking the desktop. I'm not sure of the English
translation of the text of the red button but it's probably something
to the effect of "End Session".

In Fedora clicking the same button presents the user with the options
of shutdown down the computer, reseting, logging out, suspending, or
hibernating.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/161/416/queen/the_works.html
http://dotancohen.com/eng/israel_attacks.php