No way to shutdown the computer via Kmenu?!?

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed May 16 17:11:06 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007, anthony baldwin wrote:
> I have a button for shutdown on the end of my panel.
> If you don´t have one, you can add it by right-clicking on the panel and
> choosing
> ¨add applet¨ and then choose ¨lock/logout¨ from that menu (includes a
> shutdown option
> when you click the logout button).

> All the same, I never use that to shutdown, only to lock session or log
> out. I advise using ¨sudo halt¨ at terminal.

Why?  What's wrong with selecting Logout from the K-menu or right clicking on
the desktop?

Issuing 'sudo halt' from a terminal session implies that one has one open...
(or else it's more clicking to get one)    and I would also guess that doing
a halt  would not allow KDE to shut down properly......

Just my $.02