Root files not visible in Konqueror

Janecke_Texas at highstream.net Janecke_Texas at highstream.net
Mon May 14 19:23:50 UTC 2007

Thanks for your help in this.  I've looked for /.hidden folders, and have had my
hidden files on.  I finally found that if I use the up-arrow icon in Konqueror,
I can get the root files to show up.  The home files show when I click the home
icon.  The left hand navigational panel icons that I've been trying to use don't
seem to work anymore.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling them, but they still
don't work for some reason.

At least I have a way now to view the root folders.  Let me know if you know of
any way to fix these navigational panel icons.

Thanks
Bob

On Monday, 14 May 2007 16.58:43 Janecke_Texas at highstream.net wrote:
> I tried the Edgy solution of sudo mv /.hidden /.hidden_
> It didn't work.  There is no /.hidden file
Oops, where did you get that one from?

Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:15:46 +0200
From: Myriam Rita Schweingruber <schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch>

If you use Konqueror as file manager, just go to the "View" menu and
activate "Show Hidden Files". This works flawlessly in my Feisty Fawn, so why
bothering moving non existing files?

Greets

Myriam