kmail

Rick cms0009 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 04:28:57 UTC 2007

On Sunday 13 May 2007 11:27:22 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 13 May 2007, Rick wrote:
> >notice, that kmail is slow moving into folder, and trying to filter
> > emails, is also very slow. 7.04 feisty
> >
> >Tks -
> >Rich
>
> Some of that is easily alleviated.  Turn off the rx setups you have in
> kmail, then setup fetchmail to do the pulls from your server(s) and place
> it in an unprivileged users Maildir.
>
> The setup procmail to read that dir, run it through a bunch of procmail
> recipes including spamassassin, and have procmail send anything with 8 or
> more ** in the X-Spam-Level header to /dev/null, and put the good stuff
> into /var/spool/username/mail.

Thanks Gene, for the quick reply, thought there might be a switch or two to
shut off or turn on... or maybe a tweak in a config file, but did not expect
to be running fetch and procmail servers... (laptop) to read mail.,
also, I notice kmail and konversation are not as stable compare to dapper.
had a major crash, when trying to filter 5000 emails with 23 filters... crash
n burn .

doesn't kmail use a sql database backend ?

Thanks  -
Rick