Well, THAT was stupid!

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Wed May 9 05:43:19 UTC 2007

WJ Seidl wrote:
> It was far more fun to just reinstall and start from scratch.
> This machine had a Windows XP partition on it as well, and I think
>   that there were "issues" with Linux running on it as well as XP.

FWIW, the only such issue I ever encountered was a sketchy ethernet
card/driver that I had to disable/enable when venturing back into
Windows (I'm now on only GNU/Linux and a different computer).

> Nuking and paving  (reformatting the drives and reinstalling Kubuntu)
> was easier, gave me a chance to fix some things that I think I did wrong
> the first time
> and gave me a sense of accomplishment that "I was finally rid of
> Microsoft". <g>

Cool.

> At least on that machine.  Once I figure out how networking works

What do you mean?

> and how to create an ISO of the machine that works

I haven't tried it, but people have been saying good things about
APTOnCD (http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/).  Does that look like what you
want?

Matt Flaschen