streamtuner, amarok, kaffiene (hijacked from: install RealPlayer

newburghmark at aol.com newburghmark at aol.com
Tue May 8 14:17:37 UTC 2007

The following is how I fixed this problem.  I am running all streams in
Totem.

Install Add/Remove Package manager (i think that this is part of Gnome,
so you might have to install Gnome.)

Open Add/ Remove Package Manager.

Do a search for gstream

It will show the following

Install gstreamer ffm video plug in and gstreamer extra plug ins

Be sure that Totem is fully installed.  It shows up in the start menu
as "movie Player" in KDE desktop.

When you run the install, it will make you swear on a stack of bibles
that you are  standing in a country where downloading this is legal,
andonly downloading it for research purposes.  Pretend that you are a
computer programmer in one of those countries where you can't drink the
water and say "yes."  Or call your attorney and ask him.

It takes Totem a little longer to load the files than Windows Media
Player.  This will give you time to check and see if Bill Gates is
standing over your shoulder trying to serve you with papers on a
lawsuit.  If you are watching the CBC news, it should take about the
time it takes to sing "O Canada!" In both English and French.

Then it will run.  The resolution might be a little less, or it might
be the site.

Robert Mark Wallace
Tita P Wallace
Regina E P Wallace
R M Ceferino P Wallace
60 Delaware Road
Newburgh, NY 12550-3802
Telephone: (845) 566-0586

Why run an old edition of Windows when you can run the latest edition
of Linux for free?  For a free download, go to WWW.Kubuntu.com