Resizing images (simply)

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Mon May 7 18:47:43 UTC 2007

Hello:

Can anyone point me to a tool that will allow me to resize an image in a
simple manner? I've looked at:

- gwenview
- krita
- digikam

The tools don't appear to have a simple/obvious way of resizing an image:

gwenview has a batch resize option, but in my case I need to resize a single
image and I would like to keep the aspect ratio.

krita has a resize option, but I couldn't find a way to keep the aspect ratio.

digikam will allow me to resize an image but only if its part of an 'album'.
In this particular case, the image is not part of an album and I would rather
not have to create an album just to resize this one image.

Basically I am looking for a simple image manipulation program, but preferably
something simpler than the gimp.

thanks,

-- chris