Feisty reboot invisible??

WJ Seidl wjsvt at sover.net
Sun May 6 19:24:42 UTC 2007

Subject:
Feisty reboot invisible??
From:
Michael Satterwhite <michael at weblore.com>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 10:55:07 -0500
To:
Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

I just installed Feisty, replacing Dapper. When I boot the system, the
screen
goes completely blank and remains that way until the signon screen comes
up.
My  kernel line in menu.lst looks like this:

kernel          /vmlinuz-2.6.20-15-generic
root=UUID=b753f44f-ae42-4cc3-9c36-dbadd8fd5bfb ro quiet splash

I've tried taking the "quiet" off, but that doesn't seem to do anything.
The
problem with this is that there's no way to tell that the boot is
progressing
or if the machine is hung.

Can anyone suggest how to get *SOME* feedback during boot?

tia
---Michael

Michael:
Try going at it from the K-menu
K-menu>System Settings> Splash Screen
This _should_ enable you to set up the features you want during boot.
I say "should" because, although I changed mine, Kubuntu defaulted to
the "regular" splash screen
after rebooting twice (over two days).
Still, you can edit other settings from there as well.
HTH<
WJ Seidl