AVG antivirus install in Kubuntu

scott slewin at rogers.com
Wed May 2 03:46:43 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> If you really want to use this (probably unnecessary for a desktop
> machine, as there are very few GNU/Linux viruses),
Few?  I thought there was no known viruses for Linux?

> 1. Open a terminal
> 2. Type:
>
> kdesu avg
to just update avg as sudo  just type:

sudo avgupdate -o

into a terminal window and you will get the update.  I have done this
and it works fine.  The "-o" part means you want to do a online update,
which I assumed you wanted.  Personally, I only use the anti-virus
scanner to scan my winblows xp side from Linux.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a 100% Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.04
(Feisty Fawn)