File Dialogs don't let me see the root tree

Ralph Alvy ralph at ralphalvy.com
Sat Mar 31 23:17:12 UTC 2007

One thing I notice happens with Kubuntu and not with other distos that have
a KDE desktop. File Dialogs don't let me see the root tree. So, let's say I
have an application that allows me to set a folder as the target for a
particular operation. When I run that application as user, the file dialog
that opens up, from which I am to choose a folder, won't let me peruse the
tree under root. Is there setting I can change somewhere here so that I can
do this?