Moving applications between sessions

Derek Broughton news at
Wed Mar 28 20:47:56 BST 2007

At any given time, I usually have two KDE sessions running (as the same
user).  One on my laptop display and one via NX.  The NX one will be
suspended if I'm not at work, and the laptop will be in my desk if I am.
Sometimes, I'll find that an application that I want to run is already
running in the other session and won't let me run multiple copies (eg,
firefox & kontact).  Is there a way to grab the application from display 0
and put it on display N?

I could just run one session and access it via krfb, but the geometry
sucks :-)

I'd google for a solution, but I don't have a clue what I'm looking for :-)