[kubuntu-users] Re: [kubuntu-users] Kubuntu distribution packages

Phillip Johnson phillipj at ptd.net
Wed Mar 21 10:24:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:36:10 +0000
Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 06:21:35PM +0500, Farid Ansari wrote:
> >
> >    Will it be possible to Upgrade the Kubuntu 6.10 when the new version
> >    is released or will a fresh Install be required for 7.04.
>
> Yes it's possible to upgrade.  We badly need testers for the dist
> upgrade tool.
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuDistUpgrade
>
> Jonathan

Hi,

I am running dapper, and I would like to help with this.  However, I am having a problem with the instructions for chroot at the bottom.  I am missing the edgy script required by the program.  Here is the commands I ran to get to this point:

sudo aptitude install debootstrap <Return>
  ... (normal stuff)
  debootstrap
  0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 48.9kB of archives. After unpacking 246kB will be used.
  Writing extended state information... Done
  Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com dapper/main debootstrap 0.3.3.0ubuntu2 [48.9kB]
  Fetched 48.9kB in 1s (27.4kB/s)
  ... (more stuff)
sudo aptitude install cdebootstrap <Return>
  ... (same type of stuff as above)
cd <Return>
mkdir edgy <Return>
sudo debootstrap edgy edgy <Return>
  E: No such script: /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/edgy

Do you have any suggestions, such as "don't bother me kid" :)?

Phil