Group courtesy

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Mar 18 23:40:27 UTC 2007

"Farid Ansari" <ansari.farid at gmail.com> writes:

> When you say Kubuntu is not technically compared to other OSes,

I think you missed the point: he doesn't believe KUbuntu is technically
*superior* to other *Linux distributions* *in his experience.*

All of which are reasonable statements and which, today, I would
generally agree with.[1]

> which ones are you referring to specifically. Take into consideration
> the fact that Kubuntu is free and then compare.  I have Win XP Pro and
> SuSE 10.2 but I still find Kubuntu better for all multimedia
> applications.

A comparison of Windows with Ubuntu is definitely missing the point of
this statement -- which was simply a statement of opinion.

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Ubuntu have points where they beat the competition, the competition
     have points where they beat Ubuntu.  Overall it seems to come out
     about even ... though I do use Ubuntu. ;)

--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/