OpenOffice Crashing.

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 13 16:51:21 UTC 2007

> I'm trying to resolve an openoffice problem with kubuntu edgy.
hum edgy

> I can start openoffice calc and select a random cell and type some text
> into it and then as soon as I press enter or tab to a new cell the
> application crashes.
I think we already had a beginning of apport by edgy.
When crashing, does it suggest to report a bug?
If so, you should. If you do 'ls -l /var/crash' do you see openoffice
.crash files?

> The error messages if I start openoffice from the console are as follows.
>
> (process:6566): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2240: initialization
> assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function
>
> (process:6566): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_font_options: assertion
> `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
I get the same errors on feisty, but openoffice seems to work well,
without
any crashing.

According to dpkg -l openoffice*
I have: ii  openoffice.org 2.2.0~rc3~oof6 OpenOffice.org office suite -
spreadsheet

Obviously crashing is not the normal behaviour, so this is a bug, that
you should
report. On the other hand, it must have to do with the specific
configuration you
use, processor, packages installed, because the majority have not this
problem.

                          unladen european swallow