Kuickshow?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 13 08:37:06 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 02:04, Brad De Vries wrote:
> Is this the same Kuickshow that I see on sourceforge?  It appears
> there has been no activity for years.
>
> Brad.

Yes, THAT kuickshow for sure. Granted, there has been no activity for a
long time, but "no activity" doesn't mean it is useless. I know at least 3
people (including me) who prefer kuickshow over the applications coming
with (k)ubuntu (e.g. gwenview).

> On 3/12/07, Kevin Kempter <kevin at kevinkempterllc.com> wrote:
> > Hi List;
> >
> > How can I install Kuickshow - It doesn't show in the adept package
> > manager. I do have the universe repo's enabled.

It seems you have to compile it yourself. Make sure you have these
packages installed:

gcc
make
binutils
libqt3-headers
kdelibs4-dev
imlib1
imlib1-dev
imlib-base

(Hopefully I didn't forget anything vital.)

Download the source code from sourceforge to your favourite download
directory. Start konsole and cd to that download directory. Then use
these commands:

tar xfj kuickshow-0.8.5.tar.bz2
cd kuickshow-0.8.5
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3
make
sudo make install

Nils