Warcraft Through WINE

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:17:43 UTC 2007

Have you tried poking around /usr/bin/winecfg?  Some settings in there
might be wrong.

Also, try running a generic screensaver (like flying toasters or
bouncing cows).  Those will tell you instantly whether the 3D works
for even linux.  It may be that you - like me - are stuck with a Intel
i855GM cpu-writable framebuffer ; )  It's a bad card, don't expect it
to do much.  Also, it's got to translate from
Direct3D/HLSL->OpenGL/GLSL in realtime - cut it some slack ; )

I also know there are quite a few success stories with WoW on
linuxquestions.org.  Didn't take the time to read 'em 'cause I don't
play WoW.  Good luck!

--
It's not much, but it's what I call 127.0.0.1