dvd::rip and Kubuntu Edgy

Graham gct3 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 08:59:39 UTC 2007

I've just moved from Mepis 6.5 (which uses the Dapper repositories) to
Kubuntu Edgy.

Under Mepis I had dvd::rip, transcode, K9copy and KMediafactory
running, in order to make backups of my DVD collection.  However, under
Kubuntu Edgy I don't seem to be able to install these and get them up
and running even from the Debian-multimedia repositories.

The important ones (for me) are dvd::rip and transcode, but the others
would be nice too.  Has anyone got a solution to this, or is the answer
to go back to Mepis 6.5?

--

Graham