Thunder(ing-tarnation)bird - second send

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:05:23 UTC 2007

(Sorry - not sure if this got the the list. Don't have gmane up so can't
check right now. Resend)

Yo, still languishing in Windowsville while my Kubuntu PC is gradually
building itself in slow-motion...

Anyone out there use Thunderbird? It's driving me mad. Besides it's
really weird quirks when you try to reply-to an email, there is one
thing that is gittin' me doown. To whit -- I have it checking mail every
  few minutes on two accounts (one gmail). Windblows goes "bing!" and a
little notice inches its way up to say "X mails have arrived". So, I
dutifully open the thunderous bird and, every time a coconut, there is
no indication of any new email. I *have* to hit Get Mail and watch it
connect and THEN it shows the new emails.

This is totally weird. Is it some kind of Windblows thing? Perhaps the
O/S is checking the mail on a lower level and signals Thunder[bt][iu]rd
that there is mail, so it signal me, but it's too thick to actually
fetch it from the O/S? I'm winging it here - just like the app...

/d