OS X file sharing

eric einfall at mac.com
Fri Mar 2 15:41:06 UTC 2007

Hi all-
I have been having much trouble trying to get my pbook, kubuntu pc and iMac to
share files effortlessly. They are all on the same wired network, and I have
enabled 'Personal File Sharing' on each Mac. I have also enabled 'Windows
Sharing'.
The Kubuntu box has been setup for 'Simple Sharing' at this point. I can, on
occasion, connect to the Kub comp from each mac - I can't write to it, but I
can grab items. I CANNOT however see anything from the Kub box on my Macs. If
I go to Remote Places>Samba Shares>Workgroup I DO see each Mac computer. But
when I click and open them, they are both empty.

Help is appreciated - Thanks in advance.

eric