Application link problem?

Mike mlnx at mho.com
Thu Mar 1 16:37:38 UTC 2007

I don't know how to create a custom command associated with a file type.
Do you mean to add a new application type and associate it with .jar ?
Java is already a known file type, associating it with .jar won't work
and I don't think you can make a file type called 'java -jar'. In KDE
custom commands are talked about in context of the KDE Menu Editor,
which generates a menu entry to execute the command you supply. For example

java -jar myapp.jar

I did that and it doesn't work either. I thought I did this successfully
with other KDE distros, but maybe not.

Mike