Looking for other OEM's that Pre-install Kubuntu

Malcolm Yates mdy at canonical.com
Thu Jun 28 14:35:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 23:19:01 Chris wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 17:08 -0500, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 June 2007 04:11:43 pm Greg Booth wrote:
> > > The other thing that's NOT in bold is that there's NO software support
> > > for this.
> > >
> > > Only hardware support.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if this means operating system or installed software only.
> > >
> > > Greg

> > You can purchase support from Cannonical when you buy the PCs.  Its not
> > that expensive from what I've heard.  However, if you are running a
> > business you CAN'T buy a DELL with Ubuntu preloaded.
> >
> > BTW:  KDE can be easily added to Ubuntu through synaptic, adept, or just
> > plain old apt-get.
> >

> > --
> > See Ya'
> > Howard Coles Jr.
> > John 3:16!
>
> Thanks Howard,
> But my company manufacturers computers. I'm not looking for support from
> an OEM...we are an OEM.

Chris - could I ask you a favour and point you at
http://www.ubuntu.com/partners/become ??

I manage the Partner Programme at Canonical, and sounds like you might like to
become either a Partner or be on the marketplace.

malc

--
***** Please note the new address and telephones !! *****
Come and meet the team at UbuntuLive