AMD deciding _now_ what to do about Linux

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jun 22 04:06:13 UTC 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007, Stew Schneider wrote:

>>> Hey stew, are you trying to pull age as a rank here?  It doesn't work,
>>> been there, done that. 10/04/34 for a birthday here.
>>
>> Jesus, did they even make birthdays back then?
>
>I understand that they did, but they were made of ROCKS and they liked
>'em that way. And it was uphill. In the snow. Both ways.
>
>Now, get off my lawn before I call the law.
>
>stew

I'm shakin in my boots, but I never saw no 'no trespassin' sign.  As for the
uphill and snow, yup. My first grade year the school board said I had to
attend this school, but there was another closer if one didn't count
cross-country mileage.  I thought for a while I was going to have to swim the
Coon River unless it was frozen over, which it was quite a bit of that
winter, but grandpa felled a tree tall enough to make a bridge for me.  The
only time I didn't use it was one warm spring afternoon when a 4 foot rattler
laying in the middle of it challenged me for toll rights.  I got wet.  It
wasn't the first rattler I'd seen, and it sure as hell hasn't been the last.
Madison county Iowa (the movie 'Bridges of Madison County' was filmed there,
about 3 miles away) is fine country, for rattlers...  Daddy killed one on the
front step one noon, nearly 5 feet long, 33 rattles & 5" thick.  Summer
of '40 IIRC.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)