Python version

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Fri Jun 15 21:23:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:39:13 -0300
Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> > What is so frustrating is that I *do* have the required version of
> > Python available on my computer.
>
> Yeah, but possibly not in the right place if you've downloaded from the
> Gramps site rather than Ubuntu.  I'll grab it and see if I have the same
> problem - but it sounds to me as if what you really need to be
> investigating is why it thinks the version you have is broken.  That
> implies you've forced the installation without all the dependencies.
> --
> derek

No, I didn't force anything. I downloaded the .deb file from the Gramps
site and tried to install it. It came up with the error message about
the wrong version of python and told me to type in 'exit' to finish. I
did that and expected the installation to have aborted automatically.
However when I tried Gramps I found that I was running the new version.
But it is marked as broken in Adept. All because of the wrong version
of python, when I have the required version anyway.

Neil