speech to text -- I am tired of looking

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Jun 15 20:25:06 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: speech to text -- I am tired of looking
From: Jeremy Anderson <jeremy at jdli.net>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 06/15/2007 12:02 PM
> O.k.  Does anyone have any place to point me to a packaged, working, not too
> difficult to set up speech to text software for kubuntu/linux.  I feel like I
> am chasing my tail looking on the net.  It would be helpful if this is
> something that you yourself are currently using or trying out.  I am not dumb
> about how to compile and do things in linux and have been a user for more
> than a few years.  I just am a lead network engineer for a voip and isp
> company so I have limited time to mess around with this particular piece.  I
> am not against research and figuring it out myself I just can't seem to find
> something that is not still in beta.
>
> Jeremy

Have you looked at festival?

Top hit on google: ubuntu text to speech:

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2006/01/festival-text-to-speech-synthesis.html

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and bredth of it.