To Kubuntu, or not to Kubuntu? That is the question!

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at
Fri Jun 15 21:01:30 BST 2007

Στέλιος Γιολδάσης wrote:

> At the time being I'm surfing the net ,downloading torrents, listening
> to music, watching movies and the most heavy program I'm using
> is Pinnacle Studio (writing my movies on DVD's).
> I just want my life simplier! My PC is strugling to handle Antivirus,
> Azureus(torrent client) etc....

Hmm, you should be able to do most of that pretty easily.  You may have
some difficulty with DVD editing, but there is software available (Kino,
Cinelerra, etc.).  Also, if you want to use proprietary media formats
you'll have to install the codecs.  That isn't difficult; just follow
the instructions at

Matt Flaschen