To Kubuntu, or not to Kubuntu? That is the question!

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Jun 15 17:36:14 UTC 2007

Jordi Ferrando Fabra wrote:

> I can't scan documents with my HP scanjet 7400c with ADF. At least not
> without hanging up "kooka" every 5 seconds and causing the scanner belts
> to make noises and internal damages ... I use it from VMware and
> Windows2000. Wine does not support the scanner software, so I "live"
> with Windows some times. I don't like rebooting every time.

Yeah, I saw that.  I'm afraid I can't help, but you've got to admit that
the "average" home user doesn't need a scanner.  There are all sorts of
things for which you really _do_ have to have Windows, but not many of them
are really needed by the average user.

> I also feel wine very annoying when handling "window focus" in KDE.

Yes, I see a number of problems like that.  I play bridge and run BridgeBase
under wine.  Works fine, but the damn thing never actually executes the
per-window configurations I've created.  I have to open them up, and
re-save them.
--
derek