Skype telephone giveaway- but not for Linux users

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jun 13 19:48:11 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, manchicken wrote:
> Paying for things is not wrong.  I still do pay for GNU/Linux in many
> situations to this day.  My objection isn't to cost, it is to restriction
> of freedom.  When you pay for the toll road, you are free to choose any
> exit. When you pay for a train you are free to get on and off at any stop
> the train stops on within the range of your ticket.  You've completely
> missed the point.

And when you pay for a video card, you've paid for the priviledge of using
that card for as long as you want, and discarding it or giving it away to
someone else when you're done with it.

Where's the restriction?

When you're on a train, are you free to go up to the engine cab and make it go
faster?  or slower?   You're allowed to ride, just like you are allowed to
use the video card.

I don't think YOU get it.