System → Administration → Networking???

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:38:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 12:28 -0400, Andy Harrison wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Eric Jackson <ejazzkatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Click the K menu, System Settings, then Network Settings.
> >

> > That doesn't give me the option to select another network device. I've tried
> > that. The link I gave is from the official docs for Feisty. On my computer,
> > there is nothing named Administration under System. Is there something wrong
> > with my installation? Are the docs wrong? Is there a command I can enter
> > from the terminal to start the correct networking tools?
>

> The docs must be incorrect.  I'm running Feisty and I don't have that
> option either.  And it does give you the option to change network
> devices there where I indicated.  Perhaps you did not click the
> "Administrator Mode" button?
>
> This is where I configure all of my interfaces, wireless, wired, and
> vlan tagged.
>
> --
> Andy Harrison

At the bottom of the screen resulting from click on "K menu, System
Settings, then Network Settings" there is a bottom called "Administrator
Mode".  Clicking on it will result in the system asking for your
password.  once you do that, you should have full control.  If that
still does not work, run kcontrol manually;  from a terminal window, run
kdesu kcontrol" or from "K Menu-->Run command" type kcontrol and press
enter. from there choose "Internet and Network-->Network Settings"

Ifall of that still fails, i would try configuring from the command
promp, but let's hope it does not come to that.