Automatix

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:03:51 UTC 2007

> > As for F-ing the system (kids do read this you know) I have never had
> any
> > problems through 4 upgrades and if you are really scared about that then
> > use its uninstall functions before your updates. That should take care
> of
> > any problems.
>
> (Kids watch Rambo in the afternoon and I don't see how F-ing is better
> than
> fscking.)

Kids here (Germany) watch pornos on TV too but that does not make it
advisable. Some kids take drugs. Does this mean it should be there for them
to find too?
Yes, F- Fs, all the same, no real need of them in the public. My house has
no TV and the net is filtered for kids on their sign in. But of course they
have friends, what can you do?

>From my past experience with 3rd-party-repositories I don't think advising
> caution is too wrong.
> And after all, Kubuntu draws a lot of people off the bus.

Agreed! On the other hand sending people out to compile their own software
is also full of risks and I would advise that too, if it would help the
person. Of course I would also expect that they might need help out of this
hole too. This is the reason I told someone else that changing from 32 bit
to 64 bit should be done with caution too. It all works IF you do it right
and the Gods are with you.

Douglas