Automatix

uriah heep stan10x10 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:17:04 BST 2007

I am a noob but as I understand it automatix is a script program to
install various non free programs.  I used it on my 32 bit install
with the intention of getting my install to run what I considered my
basic needs with the least time, fuss & muss. I was mainly interested
in playing back my Cd's and getting my Nvida drivers going.  The
program did what it was supposed to do.  As I have my basic (to me)
install working fine I am now taking the time to explore the command
line etc.  I am not a weenie or religious user so I wanted to get up
and running as quickly as possible before the learning curve got steep
and slow.
Stan