Kubuntu Amd64

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Jul 24 13:10:38 UTC 2007

FX Fraipont <fxfrpt at gmail.com> writes:

[... I have no opinion on the rest of this, but ...]

> I get my bank statements in pdf form.
> 1. With kpdf or ghostscript, the only thing you can do is print the
> file, there is no save option.

On the menu: File, Save As

> 2. With kpdf or ghostscript there is no possibility of searching the
> pdf, which is absolutely vital for me professionaly.

On the menu: Edit, Find

> I've been using various types of linux distros for the years
> exclusively for 10 years, but it's childish to call every commercial
> software "filth", particularly when it provides indispensable
> functionality for you.

I agree with all of this save the last portion.  Commercial software is
not even remotely unreasonable; the use of it should be a personal
choice.[1]

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  I do feel strongly that you should be obliged to follow the license
     agreement with the software, though, no matter how ridiculous the
     terms are.

     If they were enforced more often a lot less people would choose to
     use commercial software. ;)

--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/