Kubuntu 7.04 - USB problem - Now solved!

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 10:43:16 UTC 2007

> Dex,
>
> Many thanks for this suggestion. I have removed the hub and plugged an
> USB stick directly into
> the motherboard port and it is recognized :-)
> Such a simple solution to a problem which has bugged me for ages.
>
> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. I had that trouble with my keyboard and mosue, hence I
couldn't even login after installing.
The kernel code for usb suspend is marked "experimental" so it seems Canonical
was willing to sacrifice smooth sailing for maximum functionalty on suspend.
I like suspend, even use it on my desktop machines and it works a charm, but
obviously the code needs some touch up.
(The very same hub that troubles me works fine in two other OS/dists)

Dex

--

http://www.stop1984.com
http://www.againsttcpa.com