Dell Laptop question

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 22:17:50 UTC 2007

I wanted a laptop for Linux.  I've been looking for a long time.  I
really tried to figure out what will and won't work but it's
confusing.

I gave up and ordered the Dell 1420N.  Can you order one with the
same specs and no operating system?  You might get a better deal with
Windows vista installed and make that go away.

I haven't checked if there are special Dell Linux drivers and if they
are available in the repositories or at the Dell website.  Maybe
someone can clone the Ubuntu install from their machine and send you
a DVD/CD set.

Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote