Speeding up KDE -- More Help Needed

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Jul 18 00:38:53 BST 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > It's been mentioned that KDE 3.5.6 is worse for memory handling.
> I'd be surprised if it's worse for memory "handling" - it's just that there
> are so many more memory hungry toys...

I think he got that impression from me, referring to how Konqueror in 3.5.6 is
buggier and less stable than it was in older releases of KDE.  Having done
the 3.5.5 to 3.5.6 upgrade twice, 3.5.6 is definitely not one of my favorite
releases.  However, none of the problems I'm talking about are critical
enough to bother trying to fix.  3.5.6 is just slightly more obnoxious to
use, with an extra moment spent here and there dealing with its newly
introduced flake, compared with its predecessor.

I'm not suggesting the original poster needs to downgrade to Dapper to avoid
some looming catastrophe or anything.
D. Michael McIntyre