Speeding up KDE? Any hints?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Mon Jul 16 00:30:03 UTC 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> You haven't provided any information with which we might begin to go
> further than the random potshots I've taken above.

Could possibly also be you have the eye candy dialed up too high on a slowish
computer with a poorly-supported video card that doesn't have any working
hardware acceleration.  If you have things like translucent menus and such
like that all have to be accomplished through brute force software rendering,
it can really bog things down.

Just another potshot.
--
D. Michael McIntyre