sound

Colin Pinkney kubuntu-users at cpinkney.org.uk
Mon Jul 9 18:35:45 UTC 2007

Hi

On Sunday 08 Jul 2007, Osman Kemal Kadiroğlu wrote:
> Yesterday I downloaded kubuntu from the web site and today I installed it
> to a HP Compaq nx6110 and to a Toshiba Satellite A130/A135 series wifi
> notebooks. Everything works perfectly on HP but I can not get sound from
> Toshiba. What may be the problem?

I have a Toshiba P200 and just needed to add:

options snd-hda-intel model=3stack

to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base and rebooted to get sound working. If
that doesn't work you might want to try looking at the other instructions
below as I believe your Toshiba uses a HDA chipset also:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

You can see what chipset you have by running the following command:

cat /proc/asound/oss/sndstat

You will also find a lot of bug reports if you Google for "Ubuntu sound
toshiba" some of which appear to have solutions but there are varying degrees
of success in fixing them.

HTH

--
Colin Pinkney