Booting problems with KDE ?

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Fri Jul 6 20:42:45 UTC 2007

I just did a dist upgrade on my Feisty Toshiba laptop; rebooted to check
everything was OK (a new kernel image was installed) - it booted normally.
I then turned it off and after an hour turned it back on again only to find that
it was taking ages to get to the login screen and then would freeze after getting
to 'loading Desktop' (on that nice graphical bar after logging in).