Recovery

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. lists at pavri.net
Tue Jan 30 16:19:52 GMT 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Lokeey wrote:

> i was wondering if anyone knew of any good tools to recover data from a hard
> drive? i accidentally erased what i thought was unused partition that i
> think had the boot label now the main partition where all of my linux data
> was on is not able to mount or do anything else for that matter. i just want
> to be able to removed the data from the partition so that i can reinstall
> kubuntu.
>
> any ideas?

I'm coming into this thread a little late, but what have you done ?
deleted the partition entry or formatted the partition ?

anyway take a look here

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Partition-Rescue.html

I remember I had some links somewhere but can't find them just now. I'll
hunt for them and send them if I find any.

hth,

Sharukh
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri.  			Homoeopath, Linuxer.
 Armored knights rose their visors to identify themselves when they