Fujitsu Laptop Issues

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 07:58:41 UTC 2007

I would say that this is not so easy. What part of the laptop is hot? I
have 2 Dell, one older 500m and one 6400 (Inspiron). The 500m has parts
that are near scorching when you touch them after running for some time.
Yet if I check the cpu temp it is OK and the laptop never have problems.

the 6400 is reported to have problems with the cpu getting so hot it
shuts down. I run a software to control the cpu fans and let the cpu
oscillate between 35 - 50 C. Other parts of the laptop are again
uncomfortably hot to touch or have on your lap. Am still not sure
whether the cpu fan control is needed but run it to avoid potential
problems.

I would check ubuntuforums.org and similar for other users of same
laptop and see if I find issues/solutions.

Sinclair