[kubuntu-users] Re: KDE 3.5.6 released w Kubuntu packages

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 27 21:44:57 UTC 2007

On Saturday 27. of January 2007 22:06:52 Juergen Sauer wrote:
> Or to fix every well known Problem of the already released KDE Packages !!
> I.e. the "logout Bug". (ksmserver crashes on logout if there are no optins
> for suspend/shudown/restart offered.... this is a most annoying BUG)

This bug is not in 6.06 LTS but in kubuntu.org packages which are there for
early adopters and not part of 6.06 LTS release.

> KDE 3.5.5 is released für 6.06.01 LTS - also it must be bugfixed or
> upgraded !

KDE 3.5.5 is available in special kubuntu.org repository and not from regular
ubuntu.com repositories. This is why it is not part of 6.06.01 release, but
just add-on packages (like any other repo that you might find on internet).
The only difference is that they are released by Jonathan Riddell (Kubuntu
developer who does most of the KDE work) and are therefore considered by
people more "trustful" than some other sources.

> On the other hand the whole kubuntu project will loose any respect and
> credits of the users. If there is no fix/follow up release the Kubnuntu
> project stumbles into a big trouble  !

I am all for fixing bugs, but some bug fixes are easier to port back others
are harder (and risky). If you would like to better understand what kind of
fixes you can anticipate for released Ubuntu version, read
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

Regards,
Luka